Friday, June 5, 2015

At last, a map!

It really is useful to know where you are going when you are going to Alaska.  The Alaska part is easy, but the devil is in the details for sure.  So tonight the very nice people running the RV park, Hartway RV Park, in Prince George, BC, provided us with so much useful information about what is in front of us.  If you ever plan to do this, get the book:  The Milepost, Alaska Travel Planner, published by Morrison.  It gives you a world of information that is very well organized.  As the man says," Don't leave home without it!"

1 comment:

  1. Yea,,,maps,,,funny thing,for ten years ,or there about"actually more then I care to think about"I knew where to go and how to get there,living on the highway in a truck that tends to happen with out you really knowing it,now ,years later off the road and grass to mow,,,,,you forget that ,this weekend I had a pow wow in Indiana I had to do and I thought I knew how to get there,no map needed ,mindy said use the GPS ,,,,it'll be better,,,,will going thru dayton it said to get on 202 south to nnedmore to 75 south,,,,,well ,,,l knowing better ,that Indaina was west not south ,ignored it,,and promptly ran it to the 20 mile back up,,mindy grinning said ,you better listen to it,,it said 75 north,,,so I took it and ended up on a 4 hour tour of the Midwest flat est corn fields,,,,on the way home I got out my very old,very worn truckers atlas to confirm what I thought to be so "had to wait til mindy went to the bath room at the fuel stop,,,,to preserve marital bliss,,,,we made it home in under 3 and a half hours

    ReplyDelete