Friday, August 28, 2015

Home again

News Flash!!!  The carpenters are home again.

Well we made it.  The last part of our trip was a visit with family like we have done before, so there was not the newness of the Alaska trip.  There is something good about that, too.  It is nice to drive into places where we have been before and know where and what we are doing.

GOLD PANNING WITH GRANDKIDS

As I told one person at the gold mine store, "If my granddad had come home from Alaska with a bag of gold dirt and a pan and let me pan for gold, heaven knows what my life would have been!"   Well, we'll see because I brought some for some of the grandkids.  They all had fun with the pan and liked the gold.  Most thought a big jar of gold would have been better.  That's true. 

Well, I have tried to load pictures here, but they won't load, so I quit. 


SO, HOW FAR AWAY IS ALASKA?


As you might guess, a long way.  We drove 11, 021 miles on this trip.















No comments:

Post a Comment